This machine was developed for a distribution center where the customer requested the masking of certain information by a ink-jet printer.
The books of different sizes, colors and heights, manually loaded on a conveyor, are identified by cameras that follow height variations in order allow a maximum image resolution.
A second step is composed of a Cartesian robot ( IEF-Werner ) and an ink-jet head which move at the correct position in order to print a mask at the right location.
The difficulties come from the unknown sequence of books and variable distance between each other.
- The marking area is detected on the fly by a camera
- The products have different sizes, height and colors
- Product height measurement
- Ink-jet marking
- Printing head and camera are mounted on a cartesian robot
- Product Database with 50 000 references
- Conveyor width : 300 mm